Skip to main content

Land Records Maps

Filing Survey/Subdivision Maps

Survey Map Requirements:

  1. One original map printed on linen or Mylar plus one (1) paper copy must be submitted.
  2. No certifications or stamps are required.
  3. Record fee $10.

Subdivision Map and Lot Improvements Requirements:

  1. Real Property should check and stamp the maps first at the bottom of the page in red with “Sullivan County Real Property Tax Services”
  2. Map must be printed on 1 (one) Mylar and 2 (two) paper copies.
  3. Surveyor’s certificate showing date of completion of survey and making of the map, the name of the subdivision and the original signature and seal of the surveyor must appear on the map and signed by the Town.
  4. Required: 
    1. Certification from County Treasurer that all taxes are paid in full.  
    2. Certification from Real Property. 
    3. All certifications must be originals, copies are not accepted. 
    4. Paid tax bills cannot be accepted as proof of taxes paid.

The fee to file a map is $10.

Search & Obtain Copies of Maps

The following options are available for searching and obtaining copies of maps:

Online: View most maps online with Search IQS:

By Mail: Write a letter with the property owner and map number, if known. You can call the Clerk’s Office at 845-807-0411 to look up this information prior to sending a letter. Please include your name and mailing address, along with payment for the associated fees, and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for return mailing. Copies will be mailed back to you at the address indicated on the request. 

Mail requests to Sullivan County Clerk's Office, 100 North Street, Monticello, NY 12701.

In Person: Requests for copies can be made in person at 100 North Street, Records Room. Associated fees must be paid when copies are received.

By Phone: Telephone requests to 845-807-0411 are for informational purposes only.  Requests for copies must be made via Search IQS:, through the mail, or in person and include payment of the associated fees.

Please see the Fee Schedule for associated fees.