To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-217
January 24, 2022
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are happy to announce that our last round of testing yielded no additional positive resident results at this time. We will be testing again today 1/24/22.
At this time we have 2 new staff that have tested positive for COVID 19- on 1/23/2022. All staff will return after their required quarantine period. We have a total of 6 staff currently on furlough.
Please note that while we are open for visitation we are now requiring as per CMS and NYSDOH that all visitors are able to present proof of a negative result when visiting the facility. This information and the guidance from DOH are available at the front reception desk if any who would like a copy
PPE is still required in keeping with the core Principles of Infection Control Policies and Procedures, At this time Unit 3 no longer requires full PPE to enter the unit, though any visitor of a resident who remains on precautions must adhere to the PPE requirements. Visitors are reminded that they must wear a mask as well during all visitation, that is not cloth, it must be a paper surgical mask.
Megan Holton, Administrator
Cynthia Hathaway, Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- A list of therapy services and rates can be found by CLICKING HERE
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640.
Per NYS Public Health Law, all current contracts for the Care Center can be found here: www.sullivanny.us/departments/auditcontrol.