To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-217
June 10th, 2021
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Zero (0) staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week. There continues to be no (0) confirmed COVID-19 cases among residents. Currently, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requires testing of all residents in the facility every 3-7 days for 14 days following a positive case in the facility, and the testing of staff two (2) times a week.
As we have continued to receive zero (0) positive COVID-19 test results, we are pleased to announce the continuation of our 30-minute in-person visits which will take place indoors; or outside on the patio, weather permitting. We are happy to continue with the expansion of our indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) visitation program to include a second visit during the week including an evening or weekend visit if desired. We are scheduling visits for compassionate care visits as well.
Please be advised that all visitors must follow the guidelines of wearing a mask, hand sanitizing, and social distancing.
To schedule a visit please contact Miranda Page, Activities Director, at 845-513-2119.
NOTE: Due to New York State visitation guidelines, your indoor visit may change without any advanced notice. If you ONLY want an indoor visit, then please check the Facebook page or call the facility and speak to the front desk on the day of your visit to confirm your visit status.
- All visitors must adhere to all COVID-19 precautions.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Adhere to social distancing rules of at least 6 feet.
- If the resident is not vaccinated, then touching, hugging or kissing are not allowed.
- Only if the resident is completely vaccinated, meaning 2 weeks have gone by since the second dose of the vaccine then touching is allowed.
- Family members must sanitize their hands both before and after their visit.
- All visits are limited to a half hour.
- Upon entrance, everyone will be screened and given a form that must be filled out in its entirety.
- Upon completion of the form, please return it to the front desk.
- You will be directed to a specific area for your visit. Please sanitize your hands and wait in the room for your loved one to be brought to you. You may not wait or wander in the hallways
- A staff member will be monitoring the visit and be easily available in the hallway outside the room. Upon completion of a half hour, a staff member will be coming to take your loved one back to their room.
- You should sanitize your hands and leave the building.
EFFECTIVE AS OF Monday May 17th, 2021.
REVISED VISITATION HOURS
9:00 AM until 11:00 AM Tuesday through Friday
1:00 PM until 3:00 PM Monday through Saturday
5:00 PM until 7:00 PM Wednesday and Friday
*** Please note: In an effort to accommodate as many residents as possible, if you are scheduled for an in person visit, you may not be able to schedule a Zoom Visit for that week. Also, at this time we are unable to reschedule your regularly scheduled visit for a different time during the week if you are unable to participate during your scheduled time***
To discuss designating a compassionate care giver please contact the Social Work department at:
Activities continue to take place on the units throughout the week.
We will continue to keep you informed of the status of the health and well-being of the Care Center at Sunset Lake residents and staff throughout this public health crisis. We will continue weekly updates for all residents’ families and staff, and will notify resident and families individually of personal health information.
Should you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Nursing Home Administrator or the Director of Nursing.
Burt Kohn, MBA, LNHA
Cynthia Hathaway, RN
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640