Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to indoor visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-2177
October 23, 2020
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of all of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are extremely happy to share that we have not received any reports of staff members testing positive for COVID-19 this week. We are also thrilled to share that there are still NO confirmed COVID-19 cases among residents. A huge THANK YOU to our Director of Nursing, infection preventionist, and all the staff who are working so hard to keep everyone healthy.
We are not yet offering onsite visitation. Once we are in a position to resume visitation we will be in contact with families to discuss protocols.
Update on technology: We have been working with our ITS department to get iPads for the facility for use in conjunction with laptops for Zooming with loved ones. ITS has received the iPads and one additional laptop and are working on getting them configured and sent to the facility as soon as possible.
On to happy news! We are offering two Zoom chats per week starting next week. If you are interested and have not received a call, please call the Activities department. We hope you enjoy your time catching up. The Care Center received amazing donations of spooky and fun decorations. Photo booths were set up and we all enjoyed it. Thank you to our incredible community for their support!
Please remember to “like” and “follow” us on Facebook to see pictures of your loved ones and to get a glimpse of what’s going in the building.
We will continue weekly updates for all residents’ families and staff, and will notify residents and families individually of personal health information.
Should you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Acting Administrator or the Director of Nursing.
Stephanie Brown, MBA, MSN, RN
Acting Unlicensed Nursing Home Administrator
Kathleen Hawk, LNHA
Susan Southerton, RN
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640