Skip to main content

Veterans Peddler's Permits

Individuals who have been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a Veterans Peddler’s License. This permit is necessary for Veterans to peddle, vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise or solicit trade on the highways within Sullivan County. The permit does not supersede any restrictions, etc. placed by City, Town, Village Clerks or the Sullivan County Health Department or the State of New York. One should inquire with these offices about their rules and regulations.

To apply, you must present a valid driver’s license or photo identification with your local address (as proof of Sullivan County residency), one passport size photo (2 inch by 2 inch) and a copy of your DD-14 Military Discharge papers. A license is issued free of charge and is valid as long as the individual maintains residency within the county. Photos can be taken in our office free of charge also.

More Information

For questions, concerns, and more information, contact 845-807-0417.