Administering Elections In Sullivan County
Attention from the NYS Board of Elections: Campaign Finance Filers Are Encouraged to Attend the Upcoming Webinars
The following campaign finance webinars have been added to the schedule:
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 - 9:30am – 12:30pm
Each webinar will include a shared-screen PowerPoint presentation on campaign financial disclosure requirements as defined in New York State Election Law to assist candidates and committees in understanding the law and the disclosure process, as well as an interactive component where attendees may ask questions.
The link for webinar registration is active: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/new-york-state-board-of-elections-9860922632. You may also access this link via https://www.elections.ny.gov/CampaignFinance.html.
A few things to note:
* Pre-registration is REQUIRED for these webinars, as they will need to email the WebEx instructions and a packet of information to attendees beforehand.
* In the interest of time and scheduling constraints, these webinars will not offer any CLE/CPE credit.
* These webinars will not cover the upcoming web-based EFS software in detail, as the current desktop EFS software will still be used for the July Periodic. Future webinars will specifically train on the new web-based software closer to its launch.
Village Elections Information
The Village Elections have been rescheduled to take place on September 15, 2020 according to the NYS Governor’s Executive Order 202.26. The full text is available at: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20226-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency