Whether you're a medical professional or a community-oriented resident, we appreciate your time and commitment to our volunteer corps! Vaccinating everyone who wants a COVID-19 shot is a critical effort, one that we can't accomplish without you - so this page is dedicated to giving you what you need to know.
How to Reach Us
If you can't find what you're looking for below, email us at VolunteerMRC@sullivanny.us or call us at 845-513-2186.
1. Log in at ServNY: https://apps.health.ny.gov/pub/servny/ (if you haven't yet signed up with ServNY, scroll down for instructions)
2. Complete the online NYSDOH COVID-19 Vaccine Training for Vaccinators modules. There are two relevant training modules:
- Background on COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Considerations, Patient Screening, Education, and Consent
Required Materials for All Volunteers
If you have completed any of the trainings below previously, please provide us with the sponsor and date.
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Infection Control
- HIPAA and What It Means for Sullivan County
- Confidentiality Statement (must be signed and on file with Sullivan County Public Health Services)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
How to Sign Up to Be One of Our Clinic Volunteers
We're building our volunteer reserve corps to assist with upcoming vaccination clinics, but some potential volunteers may find the signup process intimidating.
“We don’t want anything getting in the way of good people looking to do good things,” affirms Public Health Director Nancy McGraw.
Here’s the way to sign up, step by step (an Internet connection and email address are required):
- Go to https://apps.health.ny.gov/pub/servny/
- Choose “Log In to NY.gov” under “I Don’t Have an HCS User Account”
- Click on “Sign In” (ignore the button on that page that’s marked “Don’t Have an Account?”)
* If you already have a NY user ID and account, sign in and skip to step 13.
- On the page where it asks for a Username and Password, click on “Don’t Have an Account?”
- Choose “Personal”
- Click on “Sign Up for a Personal Account”
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and a preferred username, then submit (if your preferred username is not available, add a dot, digit or letter)
- Verify the submitted info is correct, then hit “Continue”
- The State will send an email to the address you provided – follow its instructions
- The email takes you to a series of pages where you can set up your password and three secret questions to retrieve that password, in case you forget it
- Once complete, click on “Go to MyNY”
- Enter your Username and Password, then sign in
- Click on “Health Applications”
- Click on “ServNY”
- Check the box to acknowledge you’ve read the information, then click on “Continue”
- Enter the required identification and contact information, then click “Continue”
- Make sure you’ve said “Yes” to serving in a local volunteer program and chosen the “Non-Healthcare Volunteer” role. Under Local Program You Would Like to Volunteer For, choose “NYC Metro Region,” then “Sullivan County Health Dept.” Click “Continue”
- Enter any Skills/Experience, Disaster Healthcare Training and Language proficiencies or certifications you possess, then hit “Continue”
- Review your information, then click “Register”
- You can either print your membership details or exit, and you will immediately receive a confirmation email from the State