Can I open?
- The NYS Regional Monitoring Dashboard has info on how regions are meeting the State metrics for reopening.
- The NY Forward Business Reopen Lookup Tool provides info specific to your type of business
How can I operate safely?
- The SC Chamber Reopening Playbook has best practices for a wide variety of businesses, from animal services to retail.
- The Covid19 Business Risk Assessment Calculator from the John Hopkins Center for Health Security will help you identify risk levels for contributing to the spread of COVID-19 and provides mitigation measures to increase the safety of your employees, clients, customers, and community.
- CDC Guidance on preventing and reducing transmission and maintaining a healthy work environment.
Where can I get money to keep my business going?
- This fact sheet explains the popular Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- Make an online appointment with the Small Business Administration to find out about, and get help applying to, SBA programs including PPP. The SBA is the best source for information on, and assistance with, assistance provided through the federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act.
PLEASE NOTE: The SBA reports that scammers targeting small business owners are on the rise, specifically with respect to Covid-19 relief programs. Review SBA's guidance on scams and fraud schemes and report any suspected fraud by calling 800-767-0385 or submitting a complaint online.
- The New York Forward Loan Program is geared toward small businesses, nonprofits and small landlords that have seen a loss of rental income that did not receive a loan from either the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) or SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) for COVID-19 in 2020.
- Local Disaster Relief Workforce Emergency Funding is available through The Sullivan County Partnership for Economic Development.
- USDA’s COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide is a one-stop-shop of federal programs available to rural communities, organizations and individuals impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Private-sector grant and loan programs aimed at supporting small businesses through the Covid-19 pandemic include:
How can I help and keep my employees, or find new ones?
- Sullivan County Career Center Business Services offers many different services for both businesses seeking employees and those out of work looking for jobs and help with benefits.
- The NYS Department of Labor has created a Covid-19 FAQ for employers.
- Employees placed on a reduced schedule can collect unemployment for days not worked under the NYS Department of Labor Shared Work Program.
- The Sullivan County Child Care Council is working with State and local partners to ensure essential workers have affordable child care.
Are there Covid-19 relief programs for agricultural producers and farmers?
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Sullivan County has assembled a range of resources for farms and on-farm producers coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Other sources of ag-specific Covid-19 information include:
- New York Farm Bureau
- Senator Metzger's COVID-19 Resource Guide for agricultural producers and farmers
- NYS Agriculture & Markets COVID Guide
Are there other resources I should be looking at?
- Main Street Forward is the Main Street America organization’s Covid-19 Recovery Guide, offering recovery planning tools and best practices and examples from around the country for small, main street businesses and business organizations.
- The Streetsense collective for branding and placemaking has created a Pandemic Relaunch Toolkit for Restaurants and Bars
- Pro bono legal services to help food and beverage businesses navigate the growing number of Covid-19 relief programs, renegotiate leases or other contracts, and change their business models is available from the Pace-NRDC COVID-19 Legal Support Project.